Terms for Purchasing these Widow Bags: The customer must agree to these addition terms regarding the Widow bag prior to completing their order. There are a few things we want to bring to the customer’s attention to prevent questions and concerns later on.
- For new releases, the limit is one set of each color per household. If we determine that you were able to purchase more then we will refund all your orders no questions asked.
- Raffling our bags online is prohibited. If you are a known raffler, your order will be canceled.
- Ordering bags with the intent to resell for more than the purchase price is prohibited. Our limited inventory is meant for customers, not resellers.
- Orders will take 1-10 business days to ship from our shop in San Diego, CA. When they ship, you should receive a confirmation from us with tracking information. Shipping takes 1-3 business days. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your order until 10 business days from the order date to keep our staff busy working on shipping orders rather than answering questions. Your cooperation is much appreciated. If you have the order number, then we have your order and are working on it.
- Caution: Cosmetic white spots are possible!! Durability of the Widow bag is very good. Not prone to snags like the Vapor or Viper. However there may be slight cosmetic defects due to fabric fuzz stuck to the bag during processing. The fuzz is difficult to see during inspection and it comes loose and falls off after a few games. This will leave a white spot about the size of a pea. This is not covered under warranty because it does not impact bag performance or durability. If it bothers you, we recommend coloring the spot with ultra fine point Sharpies available from Amazon. We appreciate your support on this.
- If you don’t get a confirmation email, then check your spam and junk mail. Make sure to print your confirmation page or save as a PDF.
- Warranty of these bags is 45 days from the date received. The warranty covers stitching failures. Cosmetic defects must be brought to our attention within 7 days from the date received. The warranty does not cover snags as described previously. Warranty is not transferable.
About the Bag: The Widow has been tailored to be slightly firmer and slower than the Viper bag. The fast side is similar to the fast side of the Cobra bag. The slow side is similar to the fast side of the Cobra bag but it has the patent pending Speed Control technology pressed into them. The Speed Control on the Widow is slightly more than on the Viper. So you can expect the bag to play slower on both sides compared to the Vipers. Remember, the side with the Stars is the slower side (in most conditions). Speed Control is an array of dots that are arranged in a specific pattern to slow the speed down to a level near that of the X. The primary difference is the flex of the fabric is better and the friction around the edges are minimal. What this means is the bag is more capable of slipping into the hole. It is better at working around bags and going in the back door. It is more forgiving when the bag lands slightly on edge. This bag has been designed to be loose and forgiving but also controllable in the hand. Give this bag about 10-20 games to break in.
ACL Pro Series approved for the 2020-2021 season!
Fast Side Speed Rating (Cold/Damp): 6 Switch to the Viper if too slow
Fast Side Speed Rating (Hot/Dry): 8 Good speed. Fast but not too fast.
Slow Side Speed Rating (Cold/Damp): 4 Switch to the Viper if too slow
Slow Side Speed Rating (Hot/Dry): 6 Good slide. Won’t hang on the hole.
Looseness Rating: 7.5 Takes at least 10 games to break in. Firmer than the Viper but still a hole magnet. Has a great feel in the hand.
Durability Rating: 9.5 The most durable bag we’ve ever produced.
About Speed Ratings: Speed of bags is strongly dependent on the humidity level and the type of fabric. Cotton or duck bags will generally be very fast in hot/dry conditions and slow in cold/damp conditions. Synthetic fabric such as polyester will play much quicker in cold/damp conditions and is generally more predictable. Speed rating of “0” means the bag is so sticky that the bag will not move even when the board is tilted at a 60° angle. Speed rating of “10” means the bag will slowly move down the board at regulation board angle of 10.5°.
About Looseness Rating: Looseness is based on the stiffness of the fast side fabric. A tighter weave will generally produce a stiffer bag. Looseness rating of “0” means the bag is very stiff and is highly likely to clog the hole. A Looseness rating of “10” means the bag will slip into the smallest opening if the fast side speed rating is high.
About the stick side: Normally our bags come in two stick speeds, regular sticky and less sticky. The less sticky bags had an X after the name. But the Widow and Viper is different. It has new patent pending tech called Speed Control. This tech slows down the speed to a manageable slickness. Bags that are quick find the hole easier but if they are too quick they can find the ground even easier. So we try to target a balance of stick and slip and we believe we have achieved that.