Ultra Butter-fly Bags – ACL Pro Series – 2024
A super forgiving bag designed to dominate in nearly all conditions. It has the the Butter fast side which is a 9 on a quick board. Slow side is the hybrid carpet found on the slow side of Viper-R and Widow-R. It is about a 4-6 depending on conditions. The stick side is good for blocking and the fast side can get around almost any block. Great bag to airmail with as it is forgiving on hole edge impacts. Does not require any break-in. Please follow us on Facebook for new colors, releases and sales. ***Before You Purchase***, read the new terms in the description below. They are important.
Terms for Purchasing these Butter-fly Bags: The customer must agree to these addition terms regarding the Butter-fly bag prior to completing their order. There are a few things we want to bring to the customer’s attention to prevent questions and concerns later on.
- Limit is two sets per household. If we determine that you were able to purchase more then we will refund all your orders no questions asked.
- Raffling our bags online is prohibited. If you are a known raffler, your order will be canceled.
- Ordering bags with the intent to resell for more than the purchase price is prohibited. Our limited inventory is meant for customers, not resellers.
- Orders will take 1-10 business days to ship from our shop in San Diego, CA. When they ship, you should receive a confirmation from us with tracking information. Shipping takes 1-3 business days. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your order until 10 business days from the order date to keep our staff busy working on shipping orders rather than answering questions. Your cooperation is much appreciated. If you have the order number, then we have your order and are working on it.
- Caution: Cosmetic white spots are possible!! Slight cosmetic defects are possible due to fabric fuzz stuck to the bag during processing. The fuzz is difficult to see during inspection and it comes loose and falls off after a few games. This will leave a white spot about the size of a pea. This is not covered under warranty because it does not impact bag performance or durability. If it bothers you, we recommend coloring the spot with ultra fine point Sharpies available from Amazon. We appreciate your support on this.
- Durability is good however it is prone to snags. We recommend that you check all surfaces of the boards you are playing on for anything that could snag the fibers of the bag. Usually, a light sanding with 220 grit sand paper is all that is required. If a larger splinter is present, then application of 5 minute epoxy is recommended to smooth out that area. This is a high performance bag and is not recommended for play on rough boards or surfaces. If you do get a snag, generally what happens is only cosmetic where a fiber will shift out of place and the print will highlight a streak. We recommend coloring the streak with ultra fine point Sharpies available from Amazon. Small touch up and clipping of loose threads with finger nail clippers or small scissors is all that is required. The point of concern is when a bead can fit through a hole. You agree to not purchase this bag if you feel that this is unacceptable. We still warranty the bag for defects but not for damage due to play.
- If you don’t get a confirmation email, then check your spam and junk mail. Make sure to print your confirmation page or save as a PDF.
- Warranty of these bags is 45 days from the date received. The warranty covers stitching failures. Cosmetic defects must be brought to our attention within 7 days from the date received. The warranty does not cover snags as described previously. Warranty is not transferable.
- Break in the bags using our 1-Hour Break-In Kit. Any other method of breaking in voids warranty. Boiling or excess heat could damage the bag!
- Customers outside of the U.S.A. should visit our Policies page to review our International Policies.
The Butter-fly bags have arrived and they are deadly! This is a limited release and only three colors are available. Be prepared to wait at least 2-20 business days to receive these bags as the demand is high. Custom options are not available at this time. Multi-set discounts are not available at this time.
About the Bag: The Butter-fly has the the Butter fast side which is a 8-9 on a quick board. Slow side is the hybrid carpet found on the slow side of Viper-R and Widow-R. It is about a 4-6 depending on conditions. This bag does not require break-in. Just throw it for a few games and you are good.
ACL Pro Series approved for the 2024 season!
Fast Side Speed Rating (Cold/Damp): 7-8 Probably the fastest fabric in these conditions
Fast Side Speed Rating (Hot/Dry): 9 Fast. Will move down a fast board.
Slow Side Speed Rating (Cold/Damp): Same as the Viper-R slow side 4-6
Slow Side Speed Rating (Hot/Dry): 5 Same as the Viper-R slow side 4-6
Looseness Rating: 9.5 Slightly more flex than the Vipers. Has a great feel in the hand.
Durability Rating: 7.5 Good durability. Don’t boil or tumble dry.
About Speed Ratings: Speed of bags is strongly dependent on the humidity level and the type of fabric. Cotton or duck bags will generally be very fast in hot/dry conditions and slow in cold/damp conditions. Synthetic fabric such as polyester will play much quicker in cold/damp conditions and is generally more predictable. Speed rating of “0” means the bag is so sticky that the bag will not move even when the board is tilted at a 60° angle. Speed rating of “10” means the bag will slowly move down the board at regulation board angle of 11°.
About Looseness Rating: Looseness is based on the stiffness of the fast side fabric. A tighter weave will generally produce a stiffer bag. Looseness rating of “0” means the bag is very stiff and is highly likely to clog the hole. A Looseness rating of “10” means the bag will slip into the smallest opening if the fast side speed rating is high.